Gouache for Beginners (3-week course)
with Leila Ward
3-week course running for three consecutive 2-hour sessions from the start time listed below.
ABOUT THE CLASS
This course will give you an introduction to gouache. It is suitable for beginners, those returning to using gouache and those who just want to join in.The tutor will show you how to use gouache paint by painting a range of subjects.
WHAT TO BRING
- A selection of gouache paints (minimum of a red, yellow, blue, and white)
- A selection of brushes (such as DalerRowney size 10 and 4 round, and at least one flat brush 1/2 inch - 1 inch)
- A4 Watercolour paper pad (cold pressed/NOT paper) or Daler Rowney mixed media paper.
- 2 x Water pots (old tall plastic tubs work well for this such as soup tubs!)
- Masking tape
- Paper towels or old teatowel
- Mixing palette
- Flat board (cardboard/ foamboard/ wooden drawing board)
- Pencil, rubber
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Leila Ward is a Tring-based artist who studied Art and Design at Loughborough University School of Art and Design. She has experimented with different mediums over the years, and particularly likes drawing/ painting animals, and using watercolour, acrylic, and printing techniques. Leila enjoys making art more accessible to others, showing people that anyone can create art.
If you have any further questions please email Leila on: Leila_Ward@msn.com
- Workshops - Short Courses
- 2 November 2022-21 January 2023
- 120 minutes
- Queens Park Arts Centre
- Painting Studio
- Ages 16+