Gouache for Beginners (3-week course)
with Leila Ward
3-week course running for three consecutive 2-hour sessions from the dates & start times listed below.
Fri 8, 15 & 22 Sept 10.30am - 12.30pm
Fri 2, 9 & 23 Feb 1pm - 3pm
ABOUT THE CLASS
In this course you will be introduced to the versatile medium of gouache paint. You will be guided through different paintings during the course to explore what makes it such a favoured medium by artists- both of the past- such as JMW Turner, and why it is having a revival. Gouache paint can be used alongside watercolour paint and other mediums making it a great medium to have in your kit.
This course is suitable for beginners, those returning to gouache, and those who just want to join in.
Unleash your creativity, connect with fellow artists, and embark on a rewarding artistic journey. Reserve your spot today and let your imagination come to life.
WHAT TO BRING
- A selection of gouache paints (minimum of a red, yellow, blue, and white)
- A selection of brushes (such as DalerRowney size 10 and 4 round, and at least one flat brush 1/2 inch - 1 inch)
- A4 Watercolour paper pad (cold pressed/NOT paper) or Daler Rowney mixed media paper.
- 2 x Water pots (old tall plastic tubs work well for this such as soup tubs!)
- Masking tape
- Paper towels or old teatowel
- Mixing palette
- Flat board (cardboard/ foamboard/ wooden drawing board)
- Pencil, rubber
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Leila Ward is a Tring-based artist who studied Art and Design at Loughborough University School of Art and Design. She has experimented with different mediums over the years, and particularly likes drawing/ painting animals, and using watercolour, acrylic, and printing techniques. Leila enjoys making art more accessible to others, showing people that anyone can create art.
If you have any further questions please email Leila on: Leila_Ward@msn.com
- Workshops - Courses
- 2 February 2024
- 120 minutes
- Queens Park Arts Centre
- Painting Studio
- Ages 16+